You Are Vaccinated. Now What?
The CDC recently issued their first set of guidelines on how fully vaccinated people can visit safely with others.
Below is a summary of the recommendations. For a full copy of the recommendations, go to:
The CDC states the vast majority of people need to be fully vaccinated before COVID-19 precautions can be lifted broadly. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings.
In your own homes you may:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
- Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.
When in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19 you should:
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
Face Covering / Mask expectations (revised at April 8, 2021 Board meeting)
- Face coverings at all outdoor common areas are now recommended (no longer required.
- Indoor setting capacity limits have been set to account for social distancing. As long as social distancing capacity limits are not exceeded, masks are recommended rather than required. However, efforts must be made to respectfully accommodate those residents who prefer to wear a mask.
- Face coverings are required when in contact with any Happy Trails or Mail Center employee. Service may be refused.