Updated Guidance from CDC on Masks and Social Distancing
As many of you are aware, yesterday the CDC announced changes to their guidance on the use of face coverings and social distancing. They now state any one who is fully vaccinated does not need to wear a face covering or social distancing when either indoors or outdoors. This is good news for those who are fully vaccinated. For those who are not fully vaccinated, restrictions still apply.
We can not and will not require residents to verify their vaccination status. As adults, we expect you will follow the honor system.
At Happy Trails we endorse this newest guidance with one exception. Regardless of your vaccination status, residents are required to wear a mask when encountering a Happy Trails employee face-to-face. If there is a plexiglass divider between the employee and the resident (i.e., front desk), a mask is not required if the resident is fully vaccinated.
You Are Vaccinated. Now What?
The CDC recently issued their first set of guidelines on how fully vaccinated people can visit safely with others.
Below is a summary of the recommendations. For a full copy of the recommendations, go to:
The CDC states the vast majority of people need to be fully vaccinated before COVID-19 precautions can be lifted broadly. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings.
In your own homes you may:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
- Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
Face Covering / Mask expectations (revised at April 8, 2021 Board meeting)
- Face coverings at all outdoor common areas are now recommended (no longer required.
- Indoor setting capacity limits have been set to account for social distancing. As long as social distancing capacity limits are not exceeded, masks are recommended rather than required. However, efforts must be made to respectfully accommodate those residents who prefer to wear a mask.
- Face coverings are required when in contact with any Happy Trails or Mail Center employee. Service may be refused.