Banner Image

Happy Trails Resort
Hours:  Mon. - Sat.
            7:30 - 3:30

Current Topics

Resident FAQ

 Happy Trails Map
 Town Center Map


If you have additional questions: Contact Us.


I’m New Here. What Do I Need to Know? What about the Monthly Assessment? How is Happy Trails governed and managed?
Tell Me About HOAMCO (the Management Company)


Is a phone/address directory available? 

Yes. You can obtain a printed directory from the Receptionist. However, to keep up-to-date information available to all residents, our directory is available on this website under Resident Directory.

Owners have control of the information in their profile, allowing for Published (Public) and Non-Published (Private) personal information. The SEARCH functions are great for finding your friends, neighbors, and fellow club members.  Please review your information to ensure accuracy. Contact the HTCA Office for help or questions.
Back to Top

Where is the office?

The Happy Trails Community Association (HTCA) business office is located at Town Center in the Library building. See the Town Center Map.
Back to Top

Why do people wear name badges?  

The identification badge includes a photo that allows the volunteers serving as monitors and our Security Staff to easily determine who is using the amenities. 

As a point of reference, the Rules and Regulations state:
  • Section 8.2 Name Badge Wearing, unless otherwise required or requested, badges should be worn at all times as a means of identification while in Common Areas.
How do I obtain a name badge?  ID Badges are made in the Activities department Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 1 PM.

We expect all residents to have their ID Badge available when they are using the amenities and in the Common Areas.  While we would prefer the residents wear it when they are in the Common Areas, having it on your person and available to be shown will suffice.

Magnetic or pin Name Badge(s) are also still available for purchase from the HTCA Office, however, these DO NOT replace the ID Badge. Orders are submitted regularly to provide a reasonable turnaround time. We encourage residents to wear their name badges when they are out and about at Happy Trails.  More information is available on the New Owner Information page.
Back to Top

Why do I have to complete an Arrival Form and Departure Form?

The Arrival and Departure forms are very important – as they let us know whether or not you are in the Resort in case of an Emergency! The forms also provide us with the mailing address where you would like to receive mail from the HTCA Office while residing at the Happy Trails and then when you leave.  In addition, the forms provide vital contact and personal information that need to be updated at all times.

Please get in the habit of submitting the Arrival and Departure Form each time you come and go for more than (7) days.

Online Arrival and Departure Forms are the most convenient for everyone! You will find them under the For Residents menu tab and Online Forms - it will just take a few minutes to complete the form and send it directly to the HTCA Office!

Or, you will always find the forms on the Forms & Information Display Wall in the Mail Center Lobby, and you may drop them off either in the HTCA Office or at the Gate House.
Back to Top

Do I need a library card to check out books?

The Library works on the honor system; it is open 24-hours a day.
Back to Top

Where can I purchase tickets to the shows?

The Activities Office is located across from the Library. You may also purchase tickets online here.
Back to Top

Is there free WiFi?

Free WiFi is available in all HTCA common-area buildings. It is not secured; no password is required.
Back to Top

Is there a dog park?

Yes! The off-leash Dog Park is located on the north side of the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Register your pet at the HTCA office (Pet Registration Form) along with proof of rabies vaccination.

Note: This Dog Park would not exist without the dedicated work of the Pet Club members. Please consider joining the club to help maintain this area for the enjoyment of all pet owners.
Back to Top

Where can I do my laundry?

Laundry facilities are located in NC1, NC2 and Cascades (see Resort Map).
Back to Top

What do I do with my recycling materials?

Containers for recycling are located at the north end of Happy Trails Boulevard, opposite the car wash. Containers for aluminum cans (beverage) are located throughout the Resort.
Back to Top

What do I do if I am expecting visitors?

Owners: Register with to add your visitors to the Guest List either on your computer or with your smart phone if you download the app by going to the Gate Access page for instructions.

All Residents: There is also a printable Guest Gate Reservation form here as well as a paper version on the Forms & Information Display Wall in the Mail Center Lobby.  If you fill out a paper form, submit the form to the HTCA Office or the Gate House.
Back to Top

What activities are available?

Happy Trails has approximately 100 clubs/activities that are available to owners and renters. Go to the Activities page for a list. Getting involved is a great way to meet people, stay active and get involved.  
Back to Top

How do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?

You can find the list of committees here.  If you are interested in being involved with a committee, please contact the committee chair.
Back to Top

What other areas need volunteers?

In addition to committees, volunteers are needed in many parts of our Resort. Each resident has a talent, interest or expertise that is very valuable to Happy Trails Resort. Check out the opportunities available through the HTCA Office/Front Desk, the Chuckwagon or the Activities Office. The Volunteer Coordinator periodically sends out announcements of positions available or special projects seeking volunteer involvement.
Click here for the online form for volunteering.
Back to Top



What is the first step at the HTCA Office, once the property escrow is completed?

Generally the process takes 7 to 10 business days. The Title Company submits the paperwork to Maricopa County for recording. They in turn, send a copy of the Deed to HOAMCO. The new owner is entered into the system, and you will receive a “Welcome” email which will provide details on logging into your account on the website. Check out the New Owner Info and Welcome Packet and Contact Us in the HTCA Office if you have any additional questions or need more information.
Back to Top

How do I get Transponders for my vehicles and golf cart?

You will complete the Transponder Form for Owners OR obtain a hard-copy form from the Receptionist and submit it with your payment of $25 to the HTCA Office. Then an appointment will be made for installation by the Gate House personnel.

Property Owners can allow their renter to apply for a transponder. The Transponder Renter Permission Form is also available – but the Property Owner must have checked the little box on the Notice of Occupancy Form, sign the Transponder Form or give written consent to the Receptionist that they are permitting their renter the use of a Transponder.

Be aware that infractions of the Transponder Rules & Procedures will result in deactivation of Transponder privileges.
Back to Top

Where do I receive mail?

The Happy Trails Mail Center (HTMC) is located in Town Center. Each Lot owner is assigned a mailbox. This is a contract station to provide delivery of mail into individual mailboxes, parcel delivery, and postage sales. It is not a USPS Post Office. Stop by the HT Mail Center to “open” your mailbox. Owners may allow their renters the use of the mailbox. If not allowed, the Mail Center has a limited number of boxes for rent.
Back to Top

Is there a “Form” for that?

As you go about your day-to-day activities, you may find the need to make changes in your information or environment (such as adding landscaping, making structure changes, even painting the outside of your home). Many of the things you do will require a form, and may have an associated policy.  You will find online forms under the For Residents tab and then click on Online Forms. Additional forms for owner-use only are accessible to owners on the Owner-Only Forms page found under the Resources tab.
Back to Top

What is my assessment?

The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a reminder of the amount due.
Back to Top

How is the amount of my assessment determined?

The Department of Real Estate typically requires an initial budget from the developer for each community that a developer proposes to build. This budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items: lighting, street resurfacing, pool equipment, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of units built in a given phase of the development. Subsequent budgets are developed by the Board of Directors and adjusted periodically to meet anticipated expenses.
Back to Top

Will my assessment go up?

There is no concrete answer to this. Typically the Civil Code provides for annual increases, but not to exceed 20 percent per year without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up to this percentage in order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.
Back to Top

What happens if I don’t pay my assessment?

The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&R’s allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.
Back to Top

How is Happy Trails governed and managed?

What is a homeowners association?

It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R’s, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online under the Resources tab of this site. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the Homeowners Association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.

Please visit the Homeowners Association Terminology page for more helpful information. 
Back to Top


What is the Board of Directors?

The Homeowner’s Association is a corporation and therefore a governing body is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents found under the Resources tab of this site.
Back to Top

Are Board Meetings Open to All Residents?  When and Where are They Held?

Yes. Board of Directors Meetings are held on the Second Thursday of the month. Just as important to the well-being of the community, residents are encouraged to attend Town Meetings held on the First Thursday of the month. Following that, Board Workshops are held the Second Monday of each month.

Town Meetings are structured as an open forum where any resident may bring issues to the Board in an informal manner.

Board Workshops are held to allow residents to learn about the formal process of enacting items vital to our community.

Verify meeting information for time and location on the Community Calendar.
Back to Top

What are the CC&R’s

The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R’s were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R’s may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online in Documents under the Resources tab of this site.
Back to Top

What are the Bylaws?

The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for the association may be viewed online within Resources of this site.
Back to Top

What are the Rules and Regulations?

The Rules and Regulations provide amplification and clarification regarding the use and occupancy restrictions contained in the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) for Happy Trails Resort, and establish rules of conduct for the good of all persons present in Happy Trails Resort.

Please note:  Happy Trails Resort is not a public “RV Park”, and was not established as one.   Adhering to the Rules and Regulations allows us to maintain and improve our resort, our environment, and our lifestyle.
Back to Top

So why should I read the Rules and Regulations?

Each Lot Owner is subject to Rules and Regulations. Various aspects of our Community are designed to preserve property values, codes of conduct, common courtesies, and maintaining a cohesive lifestyle here at Happy Trails.
Back to Top

Where do I find copies of the CC&R’s, Rules and Regulations, and other official documents?

The Documents drop down under the Resources tab contains the Governing Documents for Happy Trails. In addition to the Governing Documents, you will find a library of Forms used throughout the Resort. These are in printer-ready format. In addition, the Receptionist can provide you with any needed forms, and there is a Forms Rack in the Library by the copier machine that is stocked with forms for your convenience when the HTCA Office is closed.
Back to Top

If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Rules, CC&R’s or Guidelines, what can I do?

If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Policies and Guidelines, you may complete a Report a Violation form online. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policies and Guidelines, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.
Back to Top

Are There Any Other Rules?

You can find general information about quiet hours, trash pickup, recycling, pets, and other items on the Things to Keep in Mind page.
Back to Top

Tell Me About the HOAMCO (the Management Company)

What is a “Management Company,” what do they do?

A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisory capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
Back to Top

What else should I know?

For more complete information about the various roles and responsibilities in our Homeowners Association, please click here.
Back to Top